East West Connection is seeking a skilled Manager of Trade Shows, Exhibits, Conventions and Events with 10+ years experience in a corporate meeting and event company, to join our dynamic team in Pittstown, NJ. Pharma Planning Experience is a plus as is CVENT. You must have Conventions and Trade Show experience as a planner. Management experience is a plus.
This position does supervise a staff of 6 and does require detailed metrics reporting.
East West Connection offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, vacation, 5 PTO days and 11 paid holidays.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: This position manages all employees of the Convention Services Department and is responsible for the performance management of the employees within that department. Managing all aspects of the convention planning process of the team. Responsible for metrics, client compliance and compliance.
SUMMARY: The Convention and Event Services Manager effectively managing the team of Planners who specialize in Tradeshow, Convention and Event Planning for the client. This position must have experience as an Convention Planner, understand metrics, be comfortable with technology, become invested in the business as well as be a strong, confidant leader with strong people skills in a fast-paced environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows guidance of the Executive Director regarding client relationship and opportunities.
- Manages and cultivates relationship with client with responsibilities of profitability and growth of accounts.
- Keeping the Executive Director, Ethicon Account informed of issues, opportunities, staffing concerns, positive and negative feedback as well. Providing weekly status reports to the Executive Director.
- Assesses EWC performance with client regularly and reports to Executive Director, Ethicon Account.
- Manage all aspects of the event planning process, including collaboration with subcontractors, venue identification, menu development, printing and design of materials and budget tracking.
- Collaborate with several departments within the company.
- Update professional knowledge. Attend community functions to network and identify potential opportunities. Read trade publications, attend seminars, and consult with other meeting professionals to keep abreast of meeting management standards and trends.
- Create summary reports of each event outlining how data gathered from the event can be used to develop successful future events.
- Excellent Time Management
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits.
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals.
- Hire, train and supervise support staff required for events.
- Directs workers in preparing banquet and convention rooms and erecting displays and exhibits.
- Inspects rooms and displays for conformance to needs and desires of group.
- Arranges publicity, handles special functions and complaints, and performs other duties to promote goodwill.
- Handles the training administration and coordination of the internal/external company training programs.
- Coordinates company presentations, training venues and various company customer/guest activities.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as décor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional materials, etc.
- Monitor organizational compliance with regulations.
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems before or on day of event.
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Attach all pertinent documents related to the event/attendees to the system
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- This position supervises the staff assigned
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities.
- Coaching and Developing others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office – including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher; Cvent an added plus
- Previous management experience required
- Client knowledge/structure/products relevant industry knowledge up to date with market changes
- Ten (10) years’ experience in meeting planning/convention planning industry
- Demonstrated talent for developing strong relationships and mentorship
- Hands-on experience producing meetings, special events and incentives
- Ability to negotiate pricing with restaurants to save costs for events
- Ability to manage within budgets and HCC/Travel guidelines
- Ability to be well organized and handle planning of multiple events at once
- Ability to follow up with stakeholders to close events in a timely manner
- Ability to keep track of tasks across multiple events and increase efficiency through use of system, best practices, and keeping clean records of every event
Travel is required - approx 35 to 40%