The Manager, working in close coordination with District Council members, administers all aspects of coordinating programs and developing marketing and communications strategies for membership involvement and sponsorship support toward the advancement of goals and objectives of the District Council. The Manager will maintain a close working relationship with the District Chair for local reporting and responsibilities.
The Manager works directly with ULI members and vendors, especially the District Council Chair, members of the Executive Committee, and members of committees. He/she is expected to develop and maintain relationships with local nonprofits, public agencies, community leaders, local universities and other related professional groups.
- Manages, in close coordination with the District Council Chair, the planning and implementation of the District Council’s program of work including, subject to market factors:
o Programs and events throughout the region focused on, among other subjects, Real Estate Trends, Sustainability/SmartGrowth, Housing, Infrastructure, and Capital Markets
o Young Leaders Group Programs and Events
o UrbanPlan Program
o Women’s Leadership Initiative Program
o Policy & Practice Initiatives
o Local Technical Advisory Panels or Advisory Service Panels
o Local Product Councils (Residential, Commercial, others)
o District Council Annual Report
- Manages the administration of multiple volunteer committees to develop and meet goals and objectives for programs/community outreach, membership involvement and sponsorship support.
- Is responsible for coordinating small and large networking and educational programs/ events.
- Oversees all logistics for securing speakers, venues, vendors, onsite staffing, handling transportation, print and digital marketing collateral, photography, A/V, signage, and insurance, etc. for programs and events.
- Oversees all budgets and tracks expenses and revenues for the District Council and for programs, events, solicitations, etc.
- Handles all related financial and administrative tasks.
- Develops and maintains program calendar.
- Manages, creates and/or updates all marketing and communications for the District Council; including, but not limited to, the local District Council website, newsletters, membership directories, and press releases.
- Takes and distribute minutes of all District Council executive committee and committee meetings.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Manager will assist with the coordination of other District Council responsibilities related to:
o staffing committees,
o participating in strategic planning sessions; and
o creating budgets and recertification plans for yearly review.
Professional Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in events planning, non-profit management or a related field. Experience with local real estate and land use issues is desirable.
- BA degree strongly desired. Degree in urban planning, public administration or real estate development a plus.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Photoshop or graphic design skills, a plus.
- Professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior business and public sector executives.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, to handle multiple tasks concurrently and completely, with responsible follow-through.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Use of personal vehicle is required for local travel.
- Some out of state travel may be required.
Expand HR Consulting has been retained to assist ULI with this search. To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to Sharon Ossi, Human Resources Consultant, at email@example.com, subject line “Manager, ULI Louisiana.” A list of ULI’s employee benefits can be found at http://uli.org/about-uli/career-opportunities/benefits/. EOE/m/f/d/v
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA