A North Bay Business Journal winner of the “2017 Best Places to Work Award” is searching for an Events Manager looking to thrive in a fun and fast-paced environment with a LOT of room to grow and expand.
We are looking for a talented Events Manager to oversee and organize amazing events both big and small. We’re also looking for someone passionate about the impact they can have on the world. If you appreciate recognition for your contribution, this is the place for you.
You are, above all, a process driven project manager who understands white-glove customer experience as well as marketing and promotion techniques. You’re enthusiastic with fresh ideas, unafraid to negotiate, and posses the organizational skills required to leave no event detail (no matter how small) to chance.
You’ll be working with a 23-year-old technology company and will be involved with every facet of helping our company grow through creating delightful experiences for our rapidly growing community.
You’ll work very closely with other colleagues in the marketing, sales and supplier management departments.
This Events Manager Position Will Require You To:
- Setup and project manage each event in our digital events management platform, Cvent, from cradle-to-grave
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Contact venues and hotels and negotiate best prices and terms for contracts
- Source contractors for each event, negotiate contracts, and ensure they meet their requirements for each event
- Plan and select catering menus with event catering services
- Plan, coordinate and supervise AV contracts and deliverables
- Coordinate flight and transportation as needed for sales team, event contractors, speakers or special guests
- Work with the team to coordinate shipping of materials both to and from events
- Serve as primary contact for communications between the company and event vendors such as hotels, airlines, excursion companies, caterers, transportation companies, etc.
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Supervise all event staff (event coordinators, caterers, etc.)
- Ensure events are completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze each event’s success and prepare KPI reports
- Devise suggestions to enhance each event’s success
- Think creatively, yet critically, and offer input on event planning, strategy and execution
Who this position is for:
Someone who enjoys collaborating to create a vision, and has the organization skills to see it through, with the attention to detail to ensure it is magical. This position requires travel.
Who this position is not for:
This is not the right position for someone who is a talker more than a doer.
- 4+ years of experience in events/hospitality
- Skilled in project management
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Ability to learn industry-specific digital event management programs – Cvent, Eventbrite, RPM, etc.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to multi-task and have experience working in deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior proficiency in computer usage, experience with dual screens, basic knowledge of internet, the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Ability to work within a cooperative team environment, as well as perform assignments autonomously
- Customer-service orientation
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Telecom or IT Industry experience a plus, but not a requirement
- BS/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred
About the Company:
We’re 23 years young technology company located in the North Bay. We’ve won dozens of awards for leadership in the industry, and have been growing at 25% per year for the last five years. At this company, you will experience a dynamic work environment, a talented team of A-players and an innovative evolving culture. If you are the ‘jump in and get stuff done’ type of person, you will be a good fit.
If you are motivated and want to be a part of a company working on the cutting edge . . . a company working ahead of 95% of the market, we want to work with you.
Find out why Entrepreneur Magazine ranked us as one of the best entrepreneurial companies in America. We’re on standby waiting to hear about why you’re the best at what you do.
Please type “Events Rock” in the subject line of your response email in order to be considered.