CORPORATE MEETING MANAGER
Bizly is a new technology platform on a mission to help companies with their smaller meetings and events. We enable entire teams to search great content on thousands of hotels and restaurants and use our innovative technology to book custom events in minutes. We're a venture-backed startup and growing quickly, on a path to transform the hospitality and meetings & events industry. We need your help!
We are looking for an enthusiastic meeting manager with prior hospitality experience to ensure our customers feel supported and to work 1:1 with them on our platform to organize events. This role may be perfect for you if you love interacting with people and genuinely enjoy helping them create amazing small events, you're great at handling details for small events (you think of everything), and you're a self-starter who can work autonomously. This is not your typical support role—you’ll be at the front lines of working closely with customers to help them with their small meetings and events, and help to shape new technology, and the future of the industry! You are savvy and a natural problem solver, and have experience working with hotels and restaurants to get the best value for your customer.
- Work with customers (via phone, email and chat) to ensure they have a fantastic experience on Bizly, from providing technical support to assisting with meeting planning.
- Help customers plan meetings from start to finish, gathering their requirements, offering options, ensuring smooth communication with venues, facilitating changes, and more.
- Work with venues to offer the best possible value to customers.
- Play an integral role in certain key customers’ day-to-day success on our platform—proactively checking in with them, anticipating questions and problems, and serving as their main point of contact.
- Continually gather feedback from customers about their Bizly experience.
- Help build out best practices for our Customer Success team.
- Provide customer feedback so our product team can make appropriate changes.
- 3 - 6 years professional work experience, preferably in a corporate environment
- Of these, 1 - 3 years experience with customer-facing work, preferably in hospitality (events, customer service, sales, account management, or similar)
- Experience planning or selling corporate meetings and events a plus
- Comfortable building productive business relationships; sales experience a plus but not required
- High EQ and common sense—you’re a “people person”
- High sense of urgency and a natural desire to provide assistance quickly
- Ability to work well under pressure—you’re not only able to juggle lots of balls at once, but you actually thrive when doing so
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort "walking in the dark" in a rapidly evolving startup environment
ABOUT WORKING AT BIZLY
This is a full-time role based in our midtown Manhattan office. Remote work potential for the perfect candidate.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Fixed compensation, bonus and equity
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, and more
- Stylish offices in the heart of Manhattan
- Unlimited vacation policy
Bizly is a growing team working to build a platform on the power of human connection. We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our client and venue base and strive for the same in our employees. At Bizly, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
About this company
Bizly is a next-generation meeting and events platform for the enterprise. We make it easy for every employee to book an event, while seamlessly fulfilling enterprise compliance, contracting, payment and reporting requirements. Most of all, Bizly makes booking the event FUN! With Bizly, every employee can easily tap into the power of face-to-face meetings and events.
Location/Region: 1460 Broadway