Responsible for primary event coordination and execution for all hospital catering events. Collaborates on event planning with system-wide customers including menu development, pricing, staffing and billing as needed.
1. Manages the set-up and execution of all catered events.
2. Works in collaboration with Organizational Development regarding the booking of all rooms with or without catered food.
3. Coordinates the daily management of all event operations including collaboration with the Executive Chef regarding the menu selection and production component for events.
4. Works with customers to arrange and finalize all catering details to ensure special requests and room set ups are met.
5. Hires, trains and develops the catering staff.
6. Assists with maintaining operational, strategic and capital budgets for the catering component of the Food and Nutrition Services Department.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Experience
Education: Associates degree in Hospitality Management or related field.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: None required.
Required Work Experience: One year in catering/banquet supervision.
Excellent customer service and communication skills is a plus.Organizational Profile:
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL