The Director of Conferences Programming plays a central role in the strategy, development, coordination, and execution of programming and content delivered to FIA’s members and the wider global derivatives community. In this role the Director of Programming will implement strategies to design, grow, and evolve program content delivered at FIA’s major conferences globally, both in-person and virtual/digital. Working closely with the Chief Commercial Officer, this individual will drive the strategic future of FIA programming.
- Serve as primary conference program content producer for FIA’s core, major conferences globally throughout the year
- Liaise with global senior policy staff to develop annual program content strategy; establish themes; identify topics; determine delivery (conference, forum, webinar, etc.); maintain annual topical calendar; manage program meetings.
- Serve as staff liaison to industry steering committees to solicit topics for major FIA conferences; responsibilities include both coordination on event programming strategy as well as execution for all FIA events.
- Expand FIA’s content and program knowledge base by remaining on top of programming industry trends, sharing market knowledge, being aware of competitive offerings, and enacting best practices.
- Manage the delivery of FIA webinars in conjunction with cross-functional teams; maintain the scheduling for global webinars across multiple regions while liaising with FIA staff on content, speakers, and execution of both internal and sponsored programs.
- Manage the delivery of FIA education programming, both in-person and through online platforms, in coordination with IFM and Futures Fundamentals
- Manage speaker invitations with a focus on increasing diversity on conference panels. Act as the primary point of communication on all pre- and post-event speaker logistics as well as on-site speaker management at both in-person and virtual events. Conduct paid keynote speaker research and coordinate with various speakers’ bureaus on event details and contracts.
- Liaise with the conferences team on events logistics as they relate to the program; work directly with the Director of Conferences to confirm schedules and execute logistics for in-person and virtual events.
- Coordinate with marketing team and Director of Marketing to support communications and marketing activities as they relate to conference programs; draft program descriptions to convey value and opportunity; keep program pages and content/speaker information on the website updated.
- Work with the business development team and VP of Business Development to identify opportunities for content sponsorship and growth areas to optimize revenue potential.
- Serve as liaison and FIA representative at meetings with events partners.