The Hydraulic Institute, the trade association representing the pump industry is seeking a Director, Marketing, Communications & Events responsible for the planning and execution of HI meetings and events to meet the needs of HI and its members; and for promoting HI and its agenda to key internal and external audiences including members, end-users, industry, allied trade associations, third party groups and the trade press.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director’s primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee HI’s 4 Member focused Meetings, managing from planning and contracting through budgeting, execution and follow up.
- Coordinate with all departments to plan, develop and implement short term and long term marketing communications strategies for all HI activities and programs: conferences, webinars & online-courses, publications, technical programs and member services
- Manage HI’s brand, content and messaging - Manage design, layout and content of HI’s website, advertising, promotional materials and campaigns in addition to tracking performance analytics and marketing expenditures.
- Grow HI’s sponsorship, awards programs and media coverage - Solicit sponsorships from Event and Award sponsors and in-kind advertising through Media Partners and the trade press.
- Supervise 2 individuals (1 Meeting planner and 1 Marketing position), external resources and vendors while leading cross-functional project teams of staff and volunteers.
Teamwork, communication along with interpersonal and project planning skills will be crucial to achieving results. Areas for personal accountability include:
- Conference and program revenue and attendee goals
- Marketing communications strategies that effectively reach target audiences and increase engagement.
- Sponsor revenue and in-kind advertising through media and trade press
- Project and budget management with on-time and on-budget performance.
The position requires at least 7-10 years’ professional experience in marketing, sponsor solicitation, and event operations and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. The candidate must have a successful portfolio of marketing campaigns, sponsorship recruitment and events in past roles. He/she must have outstanding interpersonal communication skills; be detail-oriented; have high energy; experience managing a team; the ability to travel. The position is located in Parsippany, NJ and requires some familiarity or willingness to learn about pumps their role in industry along with basic manufacturing, business, legal, regulatory and economic topics.