Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals—although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. We’re shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options and more time on the road for our customers. But we also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly—power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
The impact you’ll make:
You will work to identify, acquire, and maintain new and existing accounts within a specified territory or industry to meet the organization’s sales targets. Promotes the organization’s products and services to various customers including travel managers, travel agents, hotels, and corporate executives. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
What you’ll do:
- Work to identify, acquire, and maintain new and existing accounts within a specified territory or industry to meet the organization’s sales targets.
- Promote the organization’s products and services to various customers including travel managers, travel agents, hotels, and corporate executives.
- Conduct related sales presentations, conventions, seminars, and other related activities.
- Negotiate the organization’s rates and contract terms with customers.
- Coordinate, recommends, and implements the organization’s sales strategies.
- Follow and support the organization’s marketing and communications strategies.
- Update the organization’s sales portfolio files, reports, proposals and bids to ensure accurate information.
- Maintain the organization’s account files using a sales software tracking system.
- Work independently to sell the organization’s products and services to new and larger customers. This position may be accountable for developing sales strategies and executing large sales presentations to customers. This position may also have more control to determine rates and contract terms with potential clients. Level II has a minimum of 4 years of sales or account management experience.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a sales or marketing function.
Skills and abilities you should have:
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of outside sales processes.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Travel Requirements: Moderate travel is required.
Perks you’ll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Up to $5,500/year tuition reimbursement
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (eligible after 90 days of service)
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
Drug screening is a part of our hiring process. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.