SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Director of Membership is responsible for creatively and proactively overseeing the development, planning and management of NAPA’s membership program initiatives including retention and recruitment efforts, on-going engagement, and overall program management. The Director of Membership is responsible for the full membership lifecycle. Increased member engagement, sustained recruitment and retention levels, and delivering the membership revenue as budgeted will equal success.
Retention and Recruitment Efforts
- Establish membership goals, develop strategy, and devise metrics necessary to meet or exceed established recruitment goals and drive organizational sustainability. In a cross-functional collaboration with senior leadership and key stakeholders.
- Secure, strengthen, and grow dues revenue.
- Design effective tools and messages to demonstrate the value proposition to potential members and ensure that all membership material clearly communicates this message.
- Conduct market research to track and prioritize potential members.
- Apply market intelligence, best practices, and association research to develop and implement innovative strategies to meet the established annual membership goals and to ensure current membership types and levels are best in class.
- Direct, administer, and supervise all membership outreach activities taking full advantage of NAPA’s staff and volunteers.
- Manage external strategic partnerships (e.g. SAPAs) in service of membership goals.
- Conduct outreach activities (including visits to potential and current members) and represent NAPA at industry events.
- Develop and document protocols for on-boarding of new members and periodic communications with existing members.
- Responsible for the workflow process related to the recruitment and retention of members.
- Ensure that the priorities of the members are front and center in all of NAPA’s programmatic activities.
- Design, lead, and implement the process to collect feedback from members (both new and current) to further inform program enhancements and to support NAPA’s data-driven culture.
- Serve as the customer service expert for the member experience on the externally facing portion of NAPA’s Association Management Software (AMS).
- Prepare the program’s annual budget and ensure accurate financial reporting throughout the year.
- Communicate membership updates and plans to NAPA staff and serve as an enthusiastic internal advocate for membership.
- Supervise the database manager and ensure the integrity of all membership data and reporting functions.
- Manage the production of membership-related publications (e.g. Buyers Guide and Membership Directory).
- Serve as the staff lead on developing and operationalizing committee best practices
- Ensure that policies and procedures are in place and reviewed regularly to maintain accuracy and maximize efficiency of all membership operations.
- Ensure that NAPA’s AMS is fully utilized and understood throughout the organization and all features relevant to NAPA are implemented.
- Serve as a staff liaison to board-level committees that support the membership program including the Membership Committee and the Associate Member Council.
May be asked to perform other duties as required that are not outlined in this job description.
REPORTS TO: VP of Finance and Operations
FLEX SCHEDULE: Eligible with Approval of Supervisor after 90 days
LOCATION: Greenbelt, MD