Our Exciting Work EnvironmentPatina Hospitality is the onsite food provider doing restaurant style food in a corporate/business dining setting. This means we serve the employees and guests of our client as their onsite dining solution in a variety of café like models. Our primary business will be serving breakfast, lunch, daily catering and events.
The OpportunityAn immediate opportunity exists for proven an event manager in the hospitality industry professional with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. Patina Restaurant Group is looking for a Catering Operations Manager to hold responsibility for the coordination, supervision and execution of all social & corporate events by working closely with the client, General manager and the Executive Chef to ensure success of all the events.
This representative will have a working knowledge of catering and service logistics and be proficient in all areas of food, beverage, and service. He/she will assist in supervising, directing, and training of personnel so that they could effectively complete their duties under appropriate legal parameters. The ideal candidate can monitor product and service quality issues and be able to solve employee and customer concerns.
With these responsibilities, Patina Restaurant Group offers unlimited opportunity to build and grow as a hospitality professional in a friendly and enjoyable work environment with a healthy work life balance.
ResponsibilitiesResponsible for majority of Internal Events such as fundraisers, galas, holiday events etc all based at the client's premise.
Responsible for detailing all logistics – ordering rentals, vendors, etc.
Incredibly detail oriented, well versed at managing numerous clients both internal & external clients
Will be required to attend all events during set up and service to all events
Would be required to have open avaialbility with regards to weekdays and weekends and whenever the events take place
Experienced in culinary – menu knowledge and writing
Oversee daily shift responsibilities of all employees (floor service, side-work, sanitation, receiving, invoices and time cards) and ensure actions are up to company quality, sanitary, and legal standards.
• Assist our clients with any last minute orders and ensure delivery is in accordance to the BEOs.
• Interact with our clients to ensure clients satisfaction and make recommendations to the chef regarding any menu changes
• Schedule staff hours and assign tasks for service.
• Help train, develop, motivate staff and monitor their performance while keeping an open communication for corrections needed.
• Educate FOH personnel in product awareness and cultivate long term service knowledge.
• Ensure that assigned staff members have reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
• Maintain positive guest relations and high standards of service at all times
• Have a comprehensive knowledge of all unit organization and menu information.
• Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and company policies.
Solve all customer concerns and complaints in a professional manner.
Qualifications• A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a managerial position supervising full service, high volume on & off catering events.
• Strong service skills, knowledge and ability to manage catering events and sites.
• Must have working knowledge of rental companies
• Have passion for exceptional client experiences combined with substantial food and service knowledge.
• Have experience working with large scale events, build professional relationships with vendors to support the event
• Possess exceptional communication skills and an ability to anticipate¿guest and employee needs.
• Maintain a professional and polished appearance and demeanor in high-volume situations.
• Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification required.
• Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems such as MICROS, and any other required operating machines (i.e. online or digital reservation systems).
Equal Employment OpportunityDelaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Who We AreTake your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia - our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. And at Delaware North - whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants - there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you! We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group’s exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality – the sky is the limit.
Location/Region: New York, NY