Job Purpose: Responsible for providing a broad range of logistical support for pharmaceutical meeting and convention delivery. Manager, Meetings and Conventions ensures customer’s program objectives are met with respect to quality of logistical support and on-time, on-budget delivery.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work collaboratively with managers to successfully execute programs according to approved scope of work
2. Manage workflow of assigned meetings and conventions, including the below tasks as needed:
- Secure rooms & manage room blocks
- Source, negotiate and secure meeting and event space, including any required equipment and staging needs
- Track program attendance as required using company or client preferred system
- Send out client and customer confirmations which provide complete logistical information
- Work with travel agency to coordinate itineraries for client and faculty attendees
- Coordinate and track all shipments of meeting and convention materials
- Participate in booth planning with exhibit house/ partners/ client to meet all deadlines
- Identify & schedule booth staff as needed
- Provide onsite support for meetings and conventions, including pre-meeting prep, day-of project oversight, and post program activities
- Develop relationships with key association contacts on site to grow relationships on behalf of clients (existing and future)
- Provide feedback post-show to be included in future recommendations to client
- Work with in-house IT team to develop and manage program-specific registration portals
1. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in pharmaceutical convention management (booths/sponsored events, receptions, and symposium).
2. Bachelor’s degree required; specialization in meetings, conventions, hospitality, or tourism preferred.
3. CMP or CTSM certification preferred.
4. Some experience in supporting advisory boards and speaker training meetings preferred.
5. Proven experience managing: hotel and restaurant contract negotiations, convention room blocks, group and individual transportation, and A/V equipment, lighting and staging.
6. Previous experience working directly with pharmaceutical clients and congress/associations.
7. Position requires regular evening and weekend work, as well as travel to scheduled meetings and conventions.