Job Purpose: This individual’s primary role is to lead the day to day operations of 1 or more Speakers Bureau accounts, supporting the objectives set forth by the Maestro360/Evolution Leadership team. The position will entail significant client contact, account strategy and planning, financial management, quarterly business review meetings, meetings manager supervision and mentoring, process development and adherence, and interaction and coordination with other departments (including technology, creative, medical services, and project management).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the successful Speakers Bureau operations for one or more clients with local speaker programs in multiple disease states, totaling anywhere from 300-2,000+ annual events; Work with VP, Speakers Bureau to ensure brand strategy is implemented at the meeting level
- Manage, mentor and develop team leads and/or Meeting Managers, and support staff to ensure highest level of customer service is delivered to the sales force, speakers, and patient/HCP attendees; Maintain a healthy working environment for staff that promotes longevity and high morale
- Serve as primary liaison to client brand teams as it relates to Speakers Bureau programming, including travel to client offices as needed to participate in brand strategy meetings, development of client reporting, and management of escalations and exceptions
- Creation of clear, efficient processes that ensure seamless, high quality logistics are delivered for all brands and products; Ensure staff adherence to all SLAs and policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory, Evolution, and client-defined compliance guidelines both pre- and post-event
- Support the launch of new products and indications as needed, including requirements gathering, process creation, and the establishment of team infrastructure and personnel
- Monitor project P&Ls and budgets to ensure alignment of costs and scope of work; work with VP, Speakers Bureau to manage client finances including monthly accruals and invoicing
- Participate in business development tasks such as internal sales meetings and client RFIs, RFPs, PPT presentations, system demonstrations and live pitches in order to grow the Speakers Bureau business.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical Speakers Bureau management role
- Minimum of 2 years supervising staff
- Proven success in working directly with pharmaceutical clients in Speakers Bureau implementation, including written communications, status meetings, delivery of critical messaging, and sharing industry best practices
- Expert level understanding of Pharma Guidelines and Sunshine Act
- Proven leadership capabilities and ability to mentor, train and manage staff for success
- Articulate; possessing excellent oral and written communications and strong interpersonal skills
- Computer skills desired:
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Web-based database experience, Salesforce.com a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications
- Knowledge of Patient and HCP program types
- Some experience working on new product or indication launch strongly preferred
- Ability to work additional hours to meet client needs
- Travel to client office up to 1x per month, as dictated by business needs
Normal office environment. Travel required: regular. May require regular evening and weekend work. It should be noted that when weekend travel is required, the employee will be compensated according to Evolution’s Travel Schedule, i.e. a half-day of compensation time will be awarded for each full day of weekend work.
Location/Region: Pearl River