ASME (American Society for Mechanical Engineers) is a world-renowned, member-based professional organization focused on serving the technical, educational and other programmatic needs of the engineering and technology communities on a worldwide basis. ASME generates approximately $110 million annually from the sale of products and services and provides a wide range of mission focused programs and activities. We are currently seeking a Coordinator, Conferences and Exhibitions in our office in Houston.
The Coordinator, Conferences and Exhibitions will coordinate events and activities under the ASME Gas Turbine Segment and International Gas Turbine Institute (IGTI). A successful candidate will be extremely organized and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. General responsibilities include conference logistics support, coordination of Segment-related communication, researching and archiving pertinent industry information, coordinating the activities of the various technical committees, and oversight of the awards process.
The position will work with the Manager, Conferences & Events and the Manager, Expositions & Communications. This position will also work directly with members and volunteers.
The person in this position should possess the following:
- Experience in planning successful conferences and events with varied levels of attendance.
- Experience in working with volunteers and committees.
- Experience in handling various forms of communication, including email and social media.
Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Event Planning or Marketing or equivalent work experience. Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ event planning experience. In addition, candidate should have:
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written in order to communicate effectively internally and with the membership
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Office software
- Association experience a plus
- Conference and Event marketing experience a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. ASME takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.