The Manager Exhibits and Sales Systems will be responsible for operations and sales systems management within the Sales & Sponsorship Team at BIO. Main responsibilities will include being the point person for several sales tech systems such as Salesforce, exhibit floor management software (Map Your Show), the association management system (Fonteva), project management software, and online advertising platforms. He or she will be responsible for exhibitor and advertising customer service, space selection process and set up, as well as lead distribution and sales analytics across BIO’s portfolio of events. Strong communication skills, attention to detail and ability to succeed in a deadline-driven work environment are essential. Experience in event management and/or sales is a plus. This position works across all departments within BIO to ensure proper execution of the entire sales cycle, from prospecting to onsite logistics to post-event analysis.
- Working knowledge of BIO’s portfolio of events, and the ability to communicate the value proposition associated with exhibiting, sponsoring, or advertising at each event.
- Contribute to revenue generation via direct and indirect contact with potential and current customers (prospecting, cross-selling, etc.).
- Organize, input and “clean" data as necessary within Salesforce to ensure all records are up-to-date and accurate.
- Monitor all incoming email/phone calls from customers and respond to or facilitate calls for the appropriate staff person
- Work with the logistics team on sales and exhibition assignments and floor plan layouts to ensure feasibility prior to event and accuracy as floor space is sold.
- Ensure all exhibitors and advertisers have met their financial commitments prior to and after all BIO events, respectively.
- Liaison with Marketing and Communications Departments to ensure advertisers, sponsors, and exhibitors are recognized properly on website, promotional materials and other communications.
- Liaison with Marketing and Communication Departments on sales related brochures, guides, promotional emails, etc. to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Work with the Managing Director, Sales & Sponsorship to compile and analyze data, and provide corresponding insights to internal and external stakeholders (management, key customers, etc)
- Analyze and report sales activity as necessary to senior management.
- Track and communicate status of advertising and exhibitors to outside vendors/consultants as needed
- Manage BIO sales teams’ online platforms as necessary (sponsorship, exhibits, advertising page/s of BIO website, social media accounts, etc)
- Work with operations team on signage, display approvals and other onsite sales needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite; advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel a plus
- Familiarity with CRM databases and/or sales automation products (Fonteva, project management software, Map Your Show, Salesforce) Advanced proficiency in Salesforce a plus.
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal (face to face, telephone and, e-mail)
- High-energy team player and quick learner able to multi-task and prioritize
- College degree or equivalent years of experience
- 4+ years of related work experience
- Customer service and/or sales experience
- Non-profit or membership organization experience a plus
- Ability to travel as needed (<15% of the time)