The Meetings Coordinator will work for the Director of Meetings Operations and with the Meetings Team to support the execution of meetings for the association. They will be assisting with the organizing, planning and preparation and the on-site execution of all conferences and events.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all aspects of conferences, meetings, and events (pre-planning, onsite execution, and post event follow up and evaluation)
- Coordinate travel, lodging, and expenses for participants traveling to meetings or other business travel
- Directs the efforts of the Annual Meeting registration and housing vendor
- Partner with convention center and hotel(s) as the point of contact to oversee and coordinate all facility functions and needs to include meeting room setup, audiovisual setup, and food and beverage selection and setup.
- Manages the content development and timeline of the Annual Meeting Web site
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the Annual Meeting timeline for staff, member volunteers and vendors
Secondary Functions and Responsibilities
- Serves as the international attendee liaison
- Solicits and tracks faculty and leadership expense reports
- Review all meeting invoices and bill events directly to individual cost centers
- Executes all corporate space requests for meetings
- Assist Program Manager, Volunteer Engagement to coordinate the committee meeting schedule and logistical needs
- Serves as main liaison to external groups that meet in conjunction with SIR meetings
- Assist with maintaining the meetings and education section of the SIR website
- Serves on cross-departmental teams as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be extremely organized with excellent time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, track details, and ensure timely and accurate results.
- Capacity to identify, implement, monitor and execute work plans to all assigned activities: goals and objectives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, relational databases and web applications.
- CMS/LMS/AMS knowledge a plus
- Bachelors degree or a minimum of two (2) years of successful demonstrated work experience and/or education program implementation preferred. Experience in a member-based organization a plus.
- 2+ years experience in meeting management including experience working with faculty
- Experience in the development and implementation of education programs highly desired.