Sourcing & Design Specialist ~ Meetings & Events will be responsible for supporting the sourcing process and assisting Madison’s sourcing efforts amongst the team of Sourcing Specialists. The Sourcing & Design Specialist consults with internal clients during research of destinations and hotel properties as well as hotel contract negotiations to ensure client requirements are met. Superior client service and client consultation are the primary focus of this role. Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple clients and projects simultaneously are necessary for success in this position. Communication skills and positive attitude are essential.
- Supports high volume accounts to ensure client sourcing process is in alignment with the sourcing process
- Member of the Strategic Sourcing team assisting with qualification/scope and allocation of sourcing projects
- Assist projects that require input, involvement, and direction from multiple departments
- Review function space and sleeping room blocks to ensure only viable options (aligned with stated requirements) are presented to the client
- Prepare, launch, and manage RFP lead in required technology (CVent)
- Track information on all tentative and definite hotel leads, ensuring all option dates are considered, regularly and pro-actively communicating updates to colleagues
- Maintain regular communication with all suppliers to keep them informed on RFP status, ensuring appropriate space is being held or released on a timely basis
- Prepare availability summary/recommendations for client review
- Assist with the coordination of pre-sale site inspections, as necessary
- Support Sourcing team with negotiating hotel contracts, maximizing savings and minimizing liabilities based on knowledge of client requirements
- Assist sourcing team with the review all hotel contracts prior to finalization, ensuring both program specific and basic terms and conditions are accurate and legally protect both client and Madison
- Be familiar with and apply both Madison and client specific addendum terms, conditions, and concessions as required
- Complete required internal documentation for internal turnover, following the Madison process
Budget and Financial Management
- Initiate vendor contacts for information and pricing on assigned programs
- Negotiate and track cost savings throughout hotel contract execution in accordance with Madison’s process and systems
- Establish direct billing with hotel properties (if required)
- Understanding of budgeting and program costing
Client Consultation (internally and externally)
- Provide recommendations for destination and hotel options
- Work closely with Sourcing team to confirm program objectives are addressed, maintaining an open line of communication to ensure understanding of expectations and client satisfaction
- Actively keep up to date with industry trends, property renovations/construction, and destination information and share expertise with sourcing team as applicable
- Attend site Familiarization (FAM) trips as appropriate, to acquire destination knowledge
- Review meeting requests and conduct meeting qualification with the Sourcing team.
- Utilize knowledge of domestic and international destinations to recommend appropriate sites.
- Maintain knowledge of new destination options, value-priced destination options, and promotional offerings.
- Gather all the information necessary to properly source and place an event on behalf of a client, including standard availability grids from designated technology tool.
- Initiate RFP process to secure appropriate room blocks, logistical event needs, and pricing from hotels and other suppliers.
- Qualify proposals to determine if appropriate and competitive.
- Meet client deadlines providing availability grid based on client standards, and review with internal team.
- Track supplier option dates and follow-up with team members and suppliers of program status.
- Review all supplier contracts prior to finalization, ensure both program specific and generic terms and conditions are accurate and legally protective of both MADISON and the client, including attrition dates, cancellation policies, etc. Use appropriate authorization and addendum form to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Create meeting records in the designated meeting management system and complete all internal documentation for the program prior to turnover.
- Conduct additional negotiations with supplier(s), such as DMC companies, and all other third-party suppliers, pre and post-sale, to improve costs, profitability and/or terms of targeted program components.
Supplier Partner Management
- Serve as a positive steward of Madison brands in the industry
- Adhere to Madison’s policies regarding appropriate and professional client interaction
- Build and maintain strong supplier relationships through active participation in industry events and Madison hosted supplier events
- Utilize preferred suppliers for quality of service, volume purchasing and maintaining organization’s supplier relationships
- Advise team members as appropriate regarding new or revised information from suppliers
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and work-related experience is required
- Advanced destination and hotel property knowledge with desire and willingness to continually expand knowledge both domestically and internationally
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience within the meeting and incentive industry, Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint, Gmail and CVent.
- Experience with supplier management software is preferred
- Experience in hotel buying required
- Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions and analytical skills required
- Operations experience in hospitality/travel industry or equivalent a plus
- Pharmaceutical HCP compliance experience required
- Familiarity working with Congress Organizers and Housing Bureaus within both State and Country Compliance Programs
- Understanding of transparency regulations such as Sunshine Act
Reports to Director of Travel Operations
Location/Region: NEW YORK