GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage performance to company standards for sales staff to include: written and delivered volume, written to delivered ratio, stores open order levels, warranty protection plan sales, and resource file (customer contacts) for sales follow-up. Coordination of training, merchandising and general sales support issues in their facility.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports directly to the Director of Stores. Direct reports include: all store employees.
- Understand and adhere to Company Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Policy and Procedures Manual
- Must be flexible with work schedules and be available, as needed, to work evenings, holidays, and weekends, with or without advance notices
- Weekly Team Cross Function Business Partner Meetings - Ability to motivate and energize all teams
- Skills including resolving customer service issues, personnel (hire, term, disciplinary), Creating and maintaining a positive retail environment. Building and maintaining effective relationships at all levels of organization.
- Conduct annual performance reviews
- All housekeeping/physical plant issues and merchandising/display issues of their store
- Direct responsibility for store inventory integrity
- Communication and realization of corporate/advertising/marketing/merchandizing strategy at store level
- Ensure First Person service in entire facility
- Maintain appropriate shopping environment;
- Enforce policies and procedures. Process payroll and attendance management for direct reports.
- Manage compliance of safety/security in facility
- Facilitates coaching/counseling efforts in conjunction with Sales and Department Managers
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Develop Sales Force (hire, coach, train, and develop a high performing team)
- Conduct energetic sales meeting
- Assist Sales consultants in the selling process
- Hold monthly one on ones with management staff
- Supervise sales floor, offer on the spot coaching, advice, support, motivation, and information throughout the day.
SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS: Ability to effectively motivate and manage large numbers of people in a fast-paced retail environment; dynamic personality and ability to analyze data; effective training techniques and ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, employees are frequently required to stand and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, or write; they are regularly required to walk, sit, speak, see or hear; occasionally, lifting up to 25 pounds may be required; occasional travel may be required; must be able to stand on feet for extended periods of time, must be flexible with work schedule 7 days/ week, work weekends, evenings, holidays.
TOOLS OR EQUIPMENT USED ON THE JOB: Personal computer, Storis/AS-400 terminal, calculator, telephone, fax, copier, must have valid drivers license and vehicle
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Education: Degree in Business Mgt or related field;
- Experience: must have at least 5 years prior managerial/retail experience;
- Skills: Analytical skills, excellent communication, writing skills and computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel are required.